Greetings present and future District 39 leaders,
It’s time to prepare for our annual elections. We need your help.
- District Leadership Committee Chair selected
- Noralee Cole –
- Encourage leaders in your Division to serve on District Leadership Committee
- We need at least one leader from every Division in our District.
- We need District Leaders to serve on the District Leadership Committee
- To see what the DLC does visit this link – District Leadership Committee
There are many activities to do for a Successful District Election:
- Select District Leadership Committee consisting of leaders from every Division in our District.
- Start Call for Candidates by 11/01/2019
- Publicize Call for Candidates (Website, Facebook, Email, DECM announcements)
- Candidates declare their intent to run by submitting Candidate Application & Paperwork
- Application deadline is 12/15/2019
- End Call for Candidates by 12/15/2019
- DLC conducts candidate interviews.
- DLC nominates candidates for election at at D39 Annual Conference.
- Nominated Candidates announced by March 7th, 2020 (six weeks before Conference)
- Election happens at D39 Annual Conference on April 18th, 2020
- Officer Agreement & Release Statement:
- District Leader Biographical Information:
- Review Campaign Guidelines:
Dear District Leaders,
Over the past few years, there have been concerns expressed to the Board of Directors that floor candidates were being nominated during annual District Council meetings who have not gone through the District Leadership Committee (DLC) process. In order to ensure that best candidates are being nominated, the Board reviewed and made modifications during its August Board meeting to strengthen the qualification for floor candidates and the DLC process.
At the Board Briefing held during the 2019 Toastmasters International Convention, the Board announced modifications to the governing documents with regards to district campaigns, elections, and floor candidates. Attached is a copy of the changes for your reference. These changes became effective immediately. Please share this with the members of your DLC and all potential candidates. The official minutes from the August Board meeting will be posted on the Toastmasters website in the near future.
This email has been sent to all District Directors, Program Quality Directors, Club Growth Directors, and Immediate Past District Directors.
District Growth and Support Manager