A Strong Alliance
In May 2019, two long-standing organizations, Toastmasters International and Rotary International, formed a unique strategic alliance, drawing from the strength of their many similarities and complementary differences. The opportunity for Toastmasters members is primarily to establish fellowship and make new connections, contribute more to communities, and potentially elevate clubs. Rotary members have the opportunity to develop new skills and may ask to visit Toastmasters clubs or receive evaluations. Toastmasters also developed eight educational courses for Rotarians and Rotaractors, available on Rotary International’s Learning Center, which can be accessed by their members in nine languages.
Be a part of the opportunity! Toastmasters’ members and leaders are encouraged to engage in the alliance by:
- Welcome – Welcoming a Rotarian to visit a Toastmasters club
- Joint Opportunities – Considering opportunities to hold a joint Toastmasters/Rotary club meeting
- Guest Speaker – Inviting a Rotarian to be a guest speaker at a Toastmasters club
- Visit a Club – Learning more about Rotary and visiting a local Rotary club
New Rotary Alliance Presentation — Share more information about the alliance.
- Introduce members to the Rotary Alliance by delivering the Rotary Alliance Presentation. This can be conducted in your club or as an elective during a training program. Be sure to check the notes on each slide for details. Source: Leader Letter
For More Information on the Rotary Alliance, please contact:
Denise Alder Gutherz, Program Quality Director: