Greetings District Council Leaders,
First, we hope you and all your family members are doing well. While many decisions made in the past few months have turned our world upside down. We hope they helped keep our members safe and healthy.
Other decisions have been made for us. Many Clubs have either been displaced or their members are sheltering in place right now. Some clubs have even considered going on hiatus for a few months; No longer meeting until the COVID-19 crisis is over. Please consider this alternative strategy, work with your leadership to meet virtually.
In case you haven’t heard, District Leadership is trying to keep every club alive by helping them establish virtual meetings. We are doing our best to provide resources and training to help your clubs meet virtually.
While it is true that meeting virtually is not the same as meeting in person, we still get weekly opportunities as individuals and clubs to sharpen our professional skills needed for today’s workforce.
Please take this opportunity to visit https://www.district39.org/zoom-masters/ to see who can help get your club online.
One more thing, as you meet virtually, remember to invite past members who had to stop because their schedule prevented them from attending.
We have started to see some of our old members start to reappear, just because we invited them to join our virtual meetings.
Next, let’s talk about the upcoming District Leader elections. Yes, we are having an online election at our Virtual District Council meeting. But before that, we hope you will take the chance to meet our District Leader Candidates at our first ever Virtual Candidates Showcase.
Finally, we have a reminder. The temporarily extended membership renewal is coming to an end. April 30, 2020 is the deadline. On May 1, 2020 any club that has not renewed its dues will no longer be in good standing.
I have included these important dates and notes below.
Attention important dates:
Saturday, April 11 @ 9am-11am Virtual Candidates Showcase (District Leader Candidates are interviewed)
- Must pre-register to get link to candidate showcase – https://www.district39.org/events/virtual-candidates-showcase/
- The Virtual Candidates Showcase will be recorded and published on the District Website for viewing later.
Thursday, April 30 @ 11:59pm – Last day to pay membership dues
Friday, May 1 @ 12:00am – Club status changes for clubs that have not paid their dues
- Clubs will no longer be in good standing on May 1, 2020, unless dues have been paid.
- Districts directed to remove Unpaid members from the Club Leadership list to determine those Club Presidents and Vice Presidents Education eligible to vote.
Thursday, May 7th @ noon – District Council Pre-Registration Deadline
- Pull final Club Leadership report to determine which Club Leaders are members in good standing.
Saturday, May 9th @ 9am-1pm Virtual District Council (District Leader Elections, Alignment, etc.)
- Must pre-register to get link to District Council Meeting – https://www.district39.org/events/district-council-may/
- All District Council Members that intend to vote, must pre-register before Thursday, May 7, 2020 @Noon
- District Executive Committee Members in good standing will be allowed to vote at the District Council on May 9th.
- Clubs in good standing may be represented by their President & VP Education.
- Visit http://reports.toastmasters.org/reports/dprReports.cfm?r=15&d=39&s=Renewal_Status&sortOrder=0 to see where your club stands.
- If you don’t see “Verified complete” next to your club, then your club is not in good standing with Toastmasters International.
- Clubs not in good standing, will not be counted in the quorum and will not be allowed to vote.
- Because this is a Virtual District Council, No Proxy votes are allowed.